Thursday, October 14, 2010

I Met a Carpenter Once

A carpenter seeking to build
A building across this old earth
A place of hope, a vast stronghold
The beauty of his death and birth.

When he looked for a foundation
No stone was found, no plank in sight
So he laid himself at the base
Hammered down in the darkest night

But the grave could not stop his work
He was the first board lifted high
And he’s been building ever since
A perfect structure in his eye.

A reprise in response…

Hire me holy carpenter
You’ve given me a second birth
Hire me holy carpenter
I long to see you known on earth

0 comments:

Post a Comment

ME

i am a coffee loving college student who thinks too much and acts too little. sometimes i write about what i think. i know very little, but i know this, He calls me son.

TOMS